On this page you'll find tactics for each boss, the achievement list, garrison quests, tactics video and map.
- Players: 5
- Level: 100, Dungeon Finder: 100
- Heroic Mode: Level 100
- Challenge Mode: Level 100.
Boss 1 - Witherbark (Elemental)
Deep within the lush forests of Gorgrond, Witherbark has seen countless cycles of life and death, decay and rebirth. The upstart "Iron Horde" and the strange beings that seem to have arrived in their wake are just a new skin on an old snake. They will be gone soon. And Witherbark will endure.
Did no-one think to bring petrol and a lighter? much easier!
This battle has a two-phase repeating cycle. Phase 1: Players must drop ground effects in designated areas of the the room. This is required to avoid heavy damage. Phase 2 involves destroying adds in order to keep the boss vulnerable to damage.
- Brittle Bark - Increases damage done to the boss by 100%. This effect is removed when Witherbark reaches 100 Aqueous Energy (Seen as his Mana Bar).
- Parched Grasp - Inflicts 95 000 to 105 000 Nature damage to all enemies in a cone in front of the caster.
- Unchecked Growth - Creates a viney growth that moves towards a player. Upon reaching that player, the growth erupts and emits poisonous vapors inflicting 12 187 to 12 813 Nature damage every second to anyone in the area. In Heroic Mode: This continues despite Witherbark being affected by Brittle Bark.
- Agitated Water - Upon impact, the bolt inflicts 14 625 to 15 375 Frost damage to all players within 3 yards
- Aqueous Globules - Spheres of pure water form from the nearby lake and move in a line towards Witherbark. Each Aqueous Globule that reaches Witherbark restores 25 Energy.
Boss 2 - Araknath (Construct)
The high Arakkoa of Skyreach closely observed the civilization of the draenei, taking a keen interest in the towering Vigilants that guard their cities and temples.
Its brand spanking new! So new it Spanks Brands!
- Smash - smashes the ground, dealing Physical damage to all enemies in the area. .
- Burst - releases a burst of energy dealing Fire damage to all enemies within 100 yards. Increase the damage of the next use is by 4%.
- Energise - A Construct Prototype attempt to beam heal the boss for 75% of its maximum health every second. Note: Players can step into the beam to prevent this - they will suffer 10 000 Fire damage every second by doing so.
Essentially a Tank-And-Spank, with a Soft Enrage. The boss has a Burst ability, that while dealing heavy party wide damage - builds a buff that increases the damage he deals with his next use of the same ability.
The other mechanic to be mindful here, is the healing that the boss will receive from the statues scattered around the room. Stand in their light beams to block off the healing rays.
Boss 3 - Rukhran (Beast)
This majestic bird, rumored to be the progeny of the arakkoa sun-god Rukhmar, soars through the skies above the Spires of Arak.
Ever been so Mad, you've beat fire with a stick?
- Pierced Armor - this will not apply to tanks using active mitigation. Pierces the victim's armor, causes them to receive 10% more damage from Pierce Armor for each application.
- Solar Flare - Inflicts 32 500 Fire damage to enemies within 5 yards of the impact. Piles of Ash within 5 yards of the explosion are reanimated as a Solar Flare.
- Sunstrike - An Explosion dealing 97 000 Fire damage to all enemies within 10 yards. Causes 54000 Fire damage to enemies outwith that range. Piles of Ash within 5 yards of the caster will activate.
- Sunburst - A further Explosion, dealing 16 000 Fire damage to enemies within 10 yards. Any Piles of Ash within 5 yards of the caster will activate.
- Heroic Mode Only: Quills - Inflicts 30 000 Physical damage to all enemies in the area and increases damage taken from Screech and Quills by 10%.
- Screech - Inflicts 10 000 Physical damage to all enemies in the area and increases damage taken from Screech and Quills by 10%.
This encounter requires the players to switch DPS between the Boss and the Adds that periodically spawn. The Adds must be killed before connecting with a target, or Extra damage will occur, likely leading to failure. The Adds must also be killed away from the Pile of Ashes - kiting should be used - to minimise the amount of adds spawned.
Adds are CC-able, other than rootage.
Boss 4 - High Sage Viryx (Arrakoa)
High Sage Viryx has dedicated her rule wholly to harnessing Apexis artifacts in service of Rukhmar's will.
Sage Advice: Enjoy the sun while you can. At one stage or another we all end up in a recipe :O(
One of the toughest boss encounters you will encounter. Fast paced, Frantic, Target Switches, Movement and Awareness. This fight has it all for you to do.
- Cast Down - Summons a Solar Zealot to grab a player and throw them over the balcony.
- Lens Flare - The caster calls down a beam of intensely focused sunlight to follow a randomly chosen target. The beam trails the target and causes the ground to burn. Deals 15 000 Fire damage every second.
- Solar Burst - Deals 54 000 Fire damage to a target. ( Interruptable.)
- Heroic Mode Only: Shielding - The Construct add attempts to shield the boss, preventing 99% damage.
The main mechanic in this encounter is the bosses Cast Down Ability. It will affect everyone but the tank. The player affected is lifted by a Zealot Add who will attempt to drop them off the edge of the encounter area to their death. These adds are CC-able and need to be nuked as soon as they appear. It will help tremendously, if the targeted player moves into the middle of the room, to grant more time for the add to be killed. (more distance = more time)
The second ability to be mindful of here is the Lens Flare, which leaves pools of fire on the ground, after it targets a player. The said player should kite the flare around the edge of the platform - allowing the rest of the group to deal with the other mechanics safely.
Finally a Construct add will spawn, which if allowed to cast, will grant 50% damage reduction to the boss. This should be nuked down for obvious reasons.
Map & Video (Click to enlarge)
|Ready for Raiding IV - Defeat Ranjit without taking damage from any of the following abilities in Skyreach on Heroic difficulty: Spinning Blade, Windwall, Four Winds, Lens Flare.|
|Magnify... Enhance - Defeat the Empowered Construct in Skyreach on Heroic difficulty.|
|I saw Solis - Cause three Piles of Ash to form Solar Flares at the same time during the Rukhran encounter in Skyreach on Heroic difficulty.|
|Monomania - Defeat High Sage Viryx without killing any of the Shield Constructs in Skyreach on Heroic difficulty.|
|Skyreach - Defeat High Sage Viryx in Skyreach.|
|Heroic: Skyreach - Defeat High Sage Viryx in Skyreach on Heroic difficulty.|
|Heroic: Skyreach Guild Run - Defeat High Sage Viryx in Skyreach on Heroic difficulty while in a Guild Group.|
|Skyreach Challenger - Complete the Skyreach Challenge Mode.|
|Skyreach: Bronze - Complete the Skyreach Challenge Mode with a rating of Bronze or better.|
|Skyreach: Silver - Complete the Skyreach Challenge Mode with a rating of Silver or better.|
|Skyreach: Gold - Complete the Skyreach Mines Challenge Mode with a rating of Gold - |
Reward: Teleport to Overgrown Outpost.